Search This Blog

Mouse deer and Wolf

The Wily Kancil Outsmarts the Boastful Wolf


Edisi Indoesia: Kancil dan Serigala

The Fable of Clever Kancil (Mouse-deer) and the Deceitful Wolf

Once upon a time, in a lush forest brimming with life, a serene river flowed gently. The peaceful ambiance was disrupted by the sudden rustling of leaves, startling a dozing wolf from its slumber.

Curious and hungering for a meal, the wolf traced the sound to find a startled deer, Kancil, inadvertently stepping on a twig.

Aware of the predator, Kancil swiftly dashed away, darting through the foliage, seeking refuge and cover.

As the chase ensued, Kancil, feeling fatigued, devised a cunning plan to outwit the wolf.

"Why the hurry, Mr. Wolf? It's been quite a while since we met," Kancil nonchalantly remarked.

"I've been searching high and low for you. No more talk! Today, you're my meal! I am the ruler of this forest! Everyone must submit to me!" boasted the wolf arrogantly.

"Ruler? You? Oh, I encountered a truly majestic and bold Wolf who claimed himself as the Forest King. He too wanted to feast upon me, just as you do now. However, parched as I was, I asked for permission to quench my thirst, promising to return to him. If you wish to claim me, you must best him! Alas, my flesh won't suffice for two," Kancil explained calmly.

"Really? Who dares to proclaim kingship in this forest besides me? Where is this wolf?" growled the wolf in fury.

Leading the wolf deeper into the woods, Kancil guided it to an ancient well, both cautiously approaching its edge.

"Behold, the ancient well where the magnificent King Wolf resides. I doubt you can defeat him!" Kancil taunted.

The wolf peered into the well, astonished to see a reflection of a wolf within.

Furious, the wolf snarled loudly. Yet, an even fiercer growl echoed from the well's depths.

Enraged, the wolf leaped into the well without hesitation.

A resonating echo filled the forest as the clear water turned murky. The wolf found no other wolf in the well but itself, realizing Kancil's deceit.


Cleverness and Resilience: Keys to Overcoming Challenges

The tale teaches us the importance of wit and resourcefulness when faced with challenges, akin to the cleverness displayed by Kancil. Moreover, it encourages us not to surrender easily and to persevere, for every problem holds a solution.




No comments:

Post a Comment

VIEW FOR MORE IMAGES BELOW

THUMBNAILS 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 910 |

The Faithful Tiger