Search This Blog

Ting Gegenting (Rhyming Story)

Gentle Plea of Ting's Hunger


Edisi  Bahasa Indonesia; Ting Gegenting

Story Version: Ting's Urgent Hunger

Folklore from South Sumatra

Fields of Unity: Joyful Harvest in South Sumatra


In a village far and wide,

Ting lived with his mother by his side.

In the quiet woods, they made their home,

Amidst the trees where shadows roam.


One day, hunger struck, it was severe,

Ting cried, "Gegenting! My stomach's in fear!"

His mother replied with patience in her tone,

"Wait, my child, the fields I must prune."


After the fields were cleared and done,

Ting woke up to the setting sun.

"Gegenting, my hunger does pain!"

"Wait, my dear, the fire I must gain."


As the fire crackled, Ting's stomach growled,

"Perutku genting," he cried, then howled.

"Wait, my love, I'll plant the rice for you,"

The mother consoled, as her love shone through.


Ting fell asleep, his hunger deep,

The rice was planted while he was asleep.

The rice turned yellow, signaling the end,

But hunger still made its relentless bend.


"Ting, gegenting, I can't endure!"

"Wait, my dear, the rice's allure."

"Ting, my stomach's growling so wild!"

"Wait, it's ripened," the mother smiled.


Ting slept, his weakness dire,

But hunger woke him, a relentless fire.

"Perutku genting, my stomach aches,"

"Wait, dear child, let me shake the rice cakes."


With the rice all set and dried,

Ting cried again, unsatisfied.

"Perutku genting, it's hard to abide!"

"Wait, dear, I'll winnow the rice outside."


Anxiously, Ting fell asleep once more,

His hunger persisted, a stubborn uproar.

"Wake up, I'm starving," he cried again,

"Wait, let me pound the rice, it won't be in vain."


Finally, the rice was ready to be served,

But alas, Ting's hunger was unreserved.

His critical hunger met its end,

A tragic tale of hunger's relentless trend.


The mother cried, her heart did ache,

For Ting, her dear, her soul did quake.


This tale echoes the need to see,

The urgency in helping, ever so free.

To act on time, without delay,

A moral to learn from this sad display.

No comments:

Post a Comment

VIEW FOR MORE IMAGES BELOW

THUMBNAILS 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 910 |

The Faithful Tiger