Search This Blog

Cupak Ajak Gerantang

Pursuing Justice: The Tale of Honesty and Destiny in Cupak Invites Gerantang


Edisi Bahasa Indonesia: Cupak Ajak Gerantang

Folklore from Bali, East Java, and Lombok

In ancient times, the renowned tale of Cupak Invites Gerantang unfolded, featuring two contrasting brothers, I Cupak and I Grantang. Their dispositions differed starkly: I Cupak, carefree and inclined to play, stood in contrast to the diligent and handsome I Grantang. Their lives in the village of Kediri set the stage for a narrative encompassing honesty, bravery, and, ultimately, justice.

As the plowing season arrived, I Grantang diligently tilled the fields with his cattle while I Cupak frolicked. When it was time to return home, I Cupak deceitfully pretended to leave, leaving I Grantang still occupied with cleaning himself. Yet, the true tale begins elsewhere.

Rumors of a dreadful monster, I Benaru, menacing their village reached the king's ears, presenting an opportunity for valorous deeds. Without hesitation, I Grantang confronted the beast while I Cupak wove a false narrative of his own bravery.

However, I Cupak's fabrications couldn't mask I Grantang's honesty. Their differing attitudes and levels of honesty ultimately determined divergent fates. While I Grantang discovered solace and joy in an unexpected place, I Cupak faced the repercussions of his deceit.


Moral Emphasis: Honesty and Attitudinal Differences Shaping Destiny

The moral essence of this narrative underscores the significance of honesty and how one's attitudes can shape the trajectory of their destiny.


Balinese Hero: Confrontation of Legends


No comments:

Post a Comment

VIEW FOR MORE IMAGES BELOW

THUMBNAILS 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 910 |

The Faithful Tiger