Search This Blog

I Sugih ajak I Tiwas

An Honest Heart: A Tale of Kindness and Honesty


Edisi Bahasa Indonesia: I Sugih ajak I Tiwas

Folklore from Bali

In a village lived two contrasting individuals: I Sugih, wealthy yet miserly, and I Tiwas, modest yet compassionate. I Sugih took pleasure in taunting the poor, while I Tiwas consistently extended kindness to everyone.

One day, I Tiwas approached I Sugih's house seeking fire. To his surprise, I Sugih presented him with an unusual challenge,

"Find me a flea, and once it's found, I shall reward you with rice."

Despite the peculiarity, I Tiwas accepted the task. After presenting I Sugih with a flea, he was granted a funnel of rice.

Later on, I Sugih, searching for fleas on his own head, discovered only one. He promptly visited I Tiwas and demanded the rice back, citing the discovery of just a single flea. However, I Tiwas stood firm, stating that he had already cooked the rice.


Moral Message: Integrity and Compassion

This story underscores the significance of integrity and compassion. Even when faced with adversity, I Tiwas remained honest, refusing to retract the rice despite having a valid reason. The moral lesson emphasizes that kindness and honesty retain their value, particularly in challenging circumstances.


A boy on a beach


No comments:

Post a Comment

VIEW FOR MORE IMAGES BELOW

THUMBNAILS 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 910 |

The Faithful Tiger